July 4th 50% off any course
Sale ends in...
Use code 4JULY2019 at checkout!
This course is an advanced course that covers everything from iOS and Android application lifecycle control to testing, transpiling, and deploying your applications. This is the NativeScript Core course so we're using TypeScript and CSS in this course.
What you'll learn
This course will help you become and expert in cross-platform mobile app development by mastering the advanced topics in NativeScript. You will use a practical approach to the advanced topics by building an end-to-end mobile application, solving a real-world problem at an enterprise level.
You will begin with covering the important features of NativeScript that you might not be aware of, which can make your work easier. Then we'll cover advanced topics like the core concepts, user interface, plugins, templates, performance optimisations, framework modules, etc. You will also cover unit testing, debugging along with advanced CLI workings. And of course, we'll cover deployment to app stores.
We'll go into some best practices as well as troubleshooting techniques that will be useful. By the end of the course, you will have upgraded your skills by mastering the advanced topics in NativeScript and will have a skilled advantage to grow in your career.
- This course is available now at pre-sale pricing. Many of the chapters are already released and ready to watch, with new chapters being released continuously.
- 17Overview (1:01)
- 18Project Structure (4:14)
- 19Bootstrapping with Authentication in Mind (5:21)
- 20Application Multi-Environment Configuration (8:06)
- 21Application Configuration via Command Line (7:27)
- 22Application Life Cycle Platform Differences (5:09)
- 23Native Application Events (8:49)
- 24Overview (1:55)
- 25MVVM Pattern (2:09)
- 26MVVM View Responsibilities (8:04)
- 27Applying MVVM: The ViewModel (11:59)
- 28Clean Architecture (4:50)
- 29Applying Clean Architecture to Core (9:45)
- 30Applying Clean Architecture to Infrastructure (5:44)
- 31Auth Flow Business Logic: Injecting Repositories and Services (9:59)
- 32Adding Dependencies: Storage (6:11)
- 33Adding Dependencies: Logging (3:38)
- 34Observable Property Decorator (5:04)
- 35Overview (1:51)
- 36Methodology (2:15)
- 37App State (6:20)
- 38App State Service (5:54)
- 39Backlog View Model (4:05)
- 40Backlog Page (2:07)
- 41Backlog Repository (3:33)
- 42Backlog Service (3:44)
- 43Using App State (6:38)
- 44Moving to the Server (6:05)
- 45Expanding the State Object with CurrentUser (13:11)
- 46Overview (1:09)
- 47Project Updates and Navigation Plan (3:33)
- 48Login/Registration Navigation (3:28)
- 49Routes and Nav Helper (5:09)
- 50Controlling Login Navigation State and Transition (5:51)
- 51Passing Data Between Pages (4:49)
- 52Controlling Platform Specific Back Navigation (6:39)
- 53Logging Out (3:09)
- 54Programmatic Navigation (4:07)
- 55Dynamic Page Loading (3:50)
- 56Overview (0:54)
- 57NativeScript UI Intro (2:15)
- 58Integrating the Side Drawer (8:43)
- 59Application State for Custom Component (6:31)
- 60Custom Menu Component (3:24)
- 61Accessing Custom Properties in TypeScript (3:49)
- 62Custom Component Binding (4:47)
- 63Building a Custom TabStrip (9:16)
- 64Floating Action Button (FAB) (4:51)
Scalable Modal Dialog Architecture
- 65Overview (1:16)
- 66Modal Dialog Implementation (9:37)
- 67Reusable Modal Wrappers (4:59)
- 68Scalable and Typed Modal List Picker (6:17)
- 69Specialized List Selection Modal Dialog (7:04)
- 70Nested Modal Pages (5:08)
- 71Navigable Modal Pages with ActionBar (7:09)
DataForm and Native Editor Modifications
- 73DataForm Introduction and Setup
- 74DataForm Editors
- 75DataForm Commit Modes Workflow
- 76DataForm Manual Commit Mode
- 77Stepper Editor Native Modification Example
- 78Segmented Editor Native Modification Example
- 79Multiline Editor Native Modification Example
- 80Picker Editor Native Modification Example
Native UI Control of Status Bar and ListView
- 82iOS Status Bar Colors
- 83Animating the Status Bar on iOS
- 84Android Immersive Full Screen Mode
- 85Android Status Bar Background Color
- 86Animating the Status Bar on Android
- 87Detecting ListView Scroll on iOS with the UITableViewDelegate
- 88Detecting ListView Scroll on Android with the OnScrollListener
- 89OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 90Configuring your projectPlanned Lesson
- 91Creating testsPlanned Lesson
- 92Running testsPlanned Lesson
- 93Configuring KarmaPlanned Lesson
Preparing for Deployment
- 94OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 95Configuring WebPackPlanned Lesson
- 96Bundling with WebPackPlanned Lesson
- 97Bundling Extra AssetsPlanned Lesson
- 98Advanced WebPackPlanned Lesson
- 99iOS Launch screenPlanned Lesson
- 100iOS App IconsPlanned Lesson
- 101iOS publishingPlanned Lesson
- 102Android Launch screenPlanned Lesson
- 103Android App IconsPlanned Lesson
- 104Android publishingPlanned Lesson
More UI Widgets
- 105Note about UI chaptersPlanned Lesson
Appendix: Hardware Access
- 106OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 107Using LocationPlanned Lesson
- 108Accessing the cameraPlanned Lesson
Appendix: Tracing and Debugging
- 109OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 110Setting up tracingPlanned Lesson
- 111Using tracingPlanned Lesson
- 112Debugging optionsPlanned Lesson
- 113Debugging commandsPlanned Lesson
- 114Debugging with Visual Studio CodePlanned Lesson
Appendix: Multithreaded Programming
- 115OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 116Workers APIPlanned Lesson
- 117General GuidelinesPlanned Lesson
- 118LimitationsPlanned Lesson
The courses on NativeScripting are easy to follow, paced well, and do a great job of getting you up to speed with NativeScript.
NativeScripting provides really high quality focused content around learning NativeScript! I love using the platform to refresh my skills and hone in on specific challenge areas to fill in my gaps of knowledge.
The best NativeScript video content out there. NativeScripting’s courses are an amazing resource for getting started with NativeScript. Highly recommended.
NativeScripting is a great resource with top notch material on NativeScript and mobile application development with frameworks such as Angular and Vue. I highly recommend it for any developer, beginner to expert.
As a previous Developer Advocate for Progress/Telerik, who makes NativeScript, I've no hesitation in saying that NativeScripting.com is the only place you need to learn NativeScript, from the masterful Alex. His teaching style is absolutely on point; comprehensive and concise enough to have you building real mobile applications, whilst giving you fundamental and advanced knowledge necessary to survive in the wild.
Alex, affectionately known as the Voice of NativeScript, produces high quality video content that effectively teaches the ins and outs of NativeScript, walking students through the complexities of building mobile apps. These videos teach both NativeScript with Angular and NativeScript Core, offering two great ways to build beautiful apps.
If you're looking to learn NativeScript, look no further than NativeScripting. These instructors are the best in the business. I know that because they helped me when I was first learning NativeScript. You can't do any better.
NativeScripting is the best place for high quality NativeScript courses. Here you will find all learning materials you will ever need to get started with NativeScript. But also, there is a ton of advanced courses for a seasoned NativeScript dev.
Excellent as an introduction, easy to understand, totally useful, if you are a Vue developer, you should take this material to start with the right foot.
If you want to understand and master NativeScript, Alex’s NativeScripting course videos are the way to go. He is truly the ‘Voice of NativeScript’ as he can break down complex ideas in such a way that would help you accelerate your goal in building beautiful mobile applications. Highly recommend him and definitely worth your time and money!
The introduction to NativeScript-Vue course is a fantastic foundation for learning how to both implement UIs using the Vue framework and also how to use the NativeScript toolsets, such as the CLI and the Sidekick app.
NativeScripting is an amazing technology to build applications with very good performance for the both main mobile platforms. not only that, also you can use Angular with all it's advantages, I really recommend this course.
NativeScripting is a great platform for learning NativeScript! There are many high quality video courses. Anyone who wants to develop a Native mobile application with NativeScript must have NativeScripting account. Try free courses to convince yourself.
Being an introduction, it does a good job of clarifying some well know issues for beginners to the nativescript platform.
Excelent free course. You will get the basics for build simple but usefull apps and to grow in understanding about NativeScript framework.
NativeScripting provides a wide range of courses, from basic to advanced concepts and from the core framework to Angular and Vue. That's why there is no need for other resources. Highly recommended.
This course is amazing. I was already fumbling in creating my first NativeScript iOS app but this course helped set me up straight. It's awesome. Really detailed and thorough. I could sense an high level of know-how from the author.
The Vue NativeScript introductory course is treated without unnecessary technical details. That allows you to be productive from day one.
Course is short, very concise with very good narration and teaching by Alex. Great for starters on NativeScript. Has coverage on a range of topics needed for creating full production cross platform application. I had already started creating my startup idea.
One of the best courses I've ever done, simple, objective and practical. Congratulations to the NativeScript team.
Please, if you are new to NativeScript this course is perfect. No nonsense at all. It is straight to the point and the instructor is awesome. The production of the course is fantastic. It is not often I find a course is this well put together.
Everything you need to master NativeScript
NativeScript with Angular Ultra
NativeScript Core Master Bundle