July 4th 50% off any course
Sale ends in...
Use code 4JULY2019 at checkout!
This course is an advanced course that covers everything from iOS and Android application lifecycle control to testing, transpiling, and deploying your applications, using the NativeScript framework with Angular.
What you'll learn
This course will help you become and expert in cross-platform mobile app development by mastering the advanced topics in NativeScript and Angular. You will use a practical approach to the advanced topics by building an end-to-end mobile application, solving a real-world problem at an enterprise level.
You will begin with covering the important features of NativeScript that you might not be aware of, which can make your work easier. Then we'll cover advanced topics like the core concepts, user interface, plugins, templates, performance optimisations, framework modules, etc. You will also cover unit testing, debugging along with advanced CLI workings. And of course, we'll cover deployment to app stores.
We'll go into some best practices as well as troubleshooting techniques that will be useful. By the end of the course, you will have upgraded your skills by mastering the advanced topics in NativeScript and will have a skilled advantage to grow in your career.
- This course is live with evergreen content being added all the time. When you purchase the course, you get unlimited free updates - forever.
- 12Overview (1:50)
- 13Bootstrapping Options (6:46)
- 14Application Configuration (8:07)
- 15Auto-Injection (5:04)
- 16Application Internationalization (8:07)
- 17Better Console Visualization (5:48)
- 18Logging (7:44)
- 19Life Cycle Platform Differences (7:41)
- 20Native Application Events (7:52)
- 21Native Application Resources (6:46)
- 22Error Handling (6:19)
- 23Overview (1:37)
- 24Methodology (2:55)
- 25Store and State (9:35)
- 26Observable Store Pattern (5:10)
- 27Moving to the Server (5:29)
- 28Smart Components and Store (8:47)
- 29Stateless Components and Store (11:16)
- 30Expanding State Properties (11:49)
- 31Persisting Part of the State (7:15)
Routing and Navigation
- 32Overview (2:33)
- 33Style and State Changes and the Navigation Plan (3:15)
- 34Router Outlet (2:06)
- 35Page Router Outlet (5:18)
- 36RouterExtensions (3:27)
- 37Routing via a Service (5:45)
- 38NavigationOptions (5:25)
- 39Module Specific Routing (3:08)
- 40Guarding Routes (4:46)
- 41Combining Routing Outlets (7:40)
- 42Navigation Menu (3:00)
- 43Menu Routing Parameters and State (6:54)
- 44Lazy Loading and NSModuleFactoryLoader (6:40)
- 45Creating a Navigation Directive (3:02)
- 46Back or Back to Previous Page? (2:51)
Consuming UI Plugins and Native Code
- 47Overview (1:56)
- 48Using Font Icons (4:33)
- 49Font Icon Plugin (5:26)
- 50Pull to Refresh Plugin (5:12)
- 51Pro UI Plugin (2:34)
- 52Using the Side Drawer (12:18)
- 53Using the Data Form (8:07)
- 54Data Form: Saving Updates (6:02)
- 55Data Form: Property Editor Types (8:38)
- 56Data Form: Stepper Editor Customization (10:10)
- 57Data Form: Multi Line Editor Customization (2:12)
- 58Data Form: Segmented Editor Customization (1:48)
- 59Data Form: Picker Editor Customization (1:26)
Modal Patterns and Other Dialogs
- 60Overview (2:21)
- 61Modal Dialog Checklist (1:07)
- 62Modal Dialog Example (10:48)
- 63Scalable and Reusable Modals Setup (9:43)
- 64Feature Specific Modal (11:34)
- 65Generic Modal Dialogs: Text Input Modal (13:07)
- 66Generic Modal Dialogs: List Picker Modals (7:35)
- 67Dialogs Module (4:32)
- 68Overriding Basic Dialog Options (1:58)
- 69Action Sheets (3:18)
- 70Custom Dialogs (7:26)
- 78Overview (1:39)
- 79Getting Webpack Ready (3:46)
- 80Installing the Webpack Plugin (5:20)
- 81Running a Bundled App (2:50)
- 82Resolving Webpack Issues (14:56)
- 83Webpack Config: AOT and Uglify (10:28)
- 84App Config via Command Line Parameters (10:12)
- 85Supporting Plugins: Font Icons (3:35)
- 86Supporting Plugins: Pull to Refresh (1:29)
- 87Unsupported Plugin Example: ngx-translate (4:00)
Preparing for Deployment
- 89Preparing Image Assets
- 90Generating App Icons and Launch Images
- 91Adding App Icons and Launch Images
- 92Application ID
- 93Application Display Name
- 94Version Numbers
- 95iOS Certs and Profiles
- 96iOS Publishing
- 97Android Build
- 98Android Publishing
- 99Android Architecture Targeting
More UI Widgets
- 100Note About UI Chapters
Appendix A: Tracing and Debugging
- 101OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 102Setting up tracingPlanned Lesson
- 103Using tracingPlanned Lesson
- 104Debugging optionsPlanned Lesson
- 105Debugging commandsPlanned Lesson
- 106Debugging with Visual Studio CodePlanned Lesson
Appendix B: More modules
- 107OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 108Using connectivityPlanned Lesson
- 109TimerPlanned Lesson
- 110HttpPlanned Lesson
- 111Fetch polyfillPlanned Lesson
- 112Image cachePlanned Lesson
- 113Adding push notificationsPlanned Lesson
- 114Firebase integrationPlanned Lesson
Appendix C: Events
- 115OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 116Listening for events through codePlanned Lesson
- 117PropertyChange eventPlanned Lesson
- 118Custom eventsPlanned Lesson
- 119Avoiding Memory leaksPlanned Lesson
- 120Weak eventsPlanned Lesson
Appendix D: Hardware Access
- 121OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 122Using LocationPlanned Lesson
- 123Accessing the cameraPlanned Lesson
Appendix E: Multithreaded Programming
- 124OverviewPlanned Lesson
- 125Workers APIPlanned Lesson
- 126General GuidelinesPlanned Lesson
- 127LimitationsPlanned Lesson
The courses on NativeScripting are easy to follow, paced well, and do a great job of getting you up to speed with NativeScript.
NativeScripting provides really high quality focused content around learning NativeScript! I love using the platform to refresh my skills and hone in on specific challenge areas to fill in my gaps of knowledge.
The best NativeScript video content out there. NativeScripting’s courses are an amazing resource for getting started with NativeScript. Highly recommended.
NativeScripting is a great resource with top notch material on NativeScript and mobile application development with frameworks such as Angular and Vue. I highly recommend it for any developer, beginner to expert.
As a previous Developer Advocate for Progress/Telerik, who makes NativeScript, I've no hesitation in saying that NativeScripting.com is the only place you need to learn NativeScript, from the masterful Alex. His teaching style is absolutely on point; comprehensive and concise enough to have you building real mobile applications, whilst giving you fundamental and advanced knowledge necessary to survive in the wild.
Alex, affectionately known as the Voice of NativeScript, produces high quality video content that effectively teaches the ins and outs of NativeScript, walking students through the complexities of building mobile apps. These videos teach both NativeScript with Angular and NativeScript Core, offering two great ways to build beautiful apps.
If you're looking to learn NativeScript, look no further than NativeScripting. These instructors are the best in the business. I know that because they helped me when I was first learning NativeScript. You can't do any better.
NativeScripting is the best place for high quality NativeScript courses. Here you will find all learning materials you will ever need to get started with NativeScript. But also, there is a ton of advanced courses for a seasoned NativeScript dev.
Excellent as an introduction, easy to understand, totally useful, if you are a Vue developer, you should take this material to start with the right foot.
If you want to understand and master NativeScript, Alex’s NativeScripting course videos are the way to go. He is truly the ‘Voice of NativeScript’ as he can break down complex ideas in such a way that would help you accelerate your goal in building beautiful mobile applications. Highly recommend him and definitely worth your time and money!
The introduction to NativeScript-Vue course is a fantastic foundation for learning how to both implement UIs using the Vue framework and also how to use the NativeScript toolsets, such as the CLI and the Sidekick app.
NativeScripting is an amazing technology to build applications with very good performance for the both main mobile platforms. not only that, also you can use Angular with all it's advantages, I really recommend this course.
NativeScripting is a great platform for learning NativeScript! There are many high quality video courses. Anyone who wants to develop a Native mobile application with NativeScript must have NativeScripting account. Try free courses to convince yourself.
Being an introduction, it does a good job of clarifying some well know issues for beginners to the nativescript platform.
Excelent free course. You will get the basics for build simple but usefull apps and to grow in understanding about NativeScript framework.
NativeScripting provides a wide range of courses, from basic to advanced concepts and from the core framework to Angular and Vue. That's why there is no need for other resources. Highly recommended.
This course is amazing. I was already fumbling in creating my first NativeScript iOS app but this course helped set me up straight. It's awesome. Really detailed and thorough. I could sense an high level of know-how from the author.
The Vue NativeScript introductory course is treated without unnecessary technical details. That allows you to be productive from day one.
Course is short, very concise with very good narration and teaching by Alex. Great for starters on NativeScript. Has coverage on a range of topics needed for creating full production cross platform application. I had already started creating my startup idea.
One of the best courses I've ever done, simple, objective and practical. Congratulations to the NativeScript team.
Please, if you are new to NativeScript this course is perfect. No nonsense at all. It is straight to the point and the instructor is awesome. The production of the course is fantastic. It is not often I find a course is this well put together.
Everything you need to master NativeScript
NativeScript with Angular Ultra
NativeScript Core Master Bundle