NativeScript Enterprise Auth Course Released
How do we secure our enterprise mobile applications? We’re happy to announce that we now have a video course that shows how to do just that…
How do we secure our enterprise mobile applications? We’re happy to announce that we now have a video course that shows how to do just that.
Securing enterprise applications has always been a challenge, and single sign-on used to be the holy grail of enterprise security. Now it has become easier than ever to implement authentication and authorization with the number of third party services that specialize in managing security flows for you. You should not be writing error-prone boilerplate security code any more. Instead you should be focused on delivering features.
Want to write another login form?
We didn’t think so.
If you have to manage authentication and authorization for enterprise applications such as Office 365, Salesforce, or SharePoint, to name a few, then we have several security protocols such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, and SAML-Redirect, also to name a few.
The new course, NativeScript Enterprise Auth, show how to use production grade enterprise services and tools to get your NativeScript applications that added layer of security that enterprises demand.
These technologies don’t live in a bubble and need to have backend authentication and authorization services that support shared groups and users. Azure Active Directory and Kinvey are shown as examples of such backend services and the templates shown can be expanded to use other security providers as well.
Here's what's in the course
- Chapter 1 introduces the NativeScript Sidekick and how it can help with auth configuration very quickly!
- Chapter 2 is an introduction to a popular enterprise auth provider; Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Chapter 3 shows how to setup OAuth2.
- Chapter 4 shows how to setup OpenID Connect.
- Chapter 5 shows how to setup SAML Redirect.
- Chapter 6 introduces the Kinvey console and the auth services that it provides.
Ok, that's it. Go on and enjoy this one, you'll learn a bunch.